* 1 package of hot Italian sausage (5-6 individual sausages)
* 2 packs of firm tofu
* 5 garlic cloves minced / crushed garlic
* 7 chopped green onions
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
* 2 teaspoons sesame oil
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 2 tablespoons rice wine
* 1 chicken bouillon cube
About the Recipe:
* The first time I had this dish was when I ordered it in a restaurant. Later on I was given Martin Yan’s Feast cookbook as a gift. On many occasions I would faithfully reproduce his recipe but on one occasion I didn’t have the necessary ground pork. All I had in the refrigerator was a packages of hot Italian sausages. I now only make Ma Po tofu using Italian sausages. In Martin Yan’s recipe you were required to make a separate sauce in a sauce pan, but in my recipe you just throw the sauce ingredients in the wok, stir it all up, and let it simmer. That’s one sauce pan you won’t have to wash afterwards. Enjoy.
* “If you can read, you can cook, period.” – Candice Chen
* I learned to cook by watching my parents. Since I’ve been living on my own I read cookbooks (most of which were given to me by my parents).